See Rock City

See Rock City

Friday, November 29, 2013

Leftovers

'Twas the night after Thanksgiving,
but I just couldn't sleep
I tried counting backwards,
I tried counting sheep.

The leftovers beckoned
The dark meat and white
But I fought the temptation
With all of my might.

Tossing and turning
With anticipation
The thought of a snack
Became infatuation.

So I raced to the kitchen
Flung open the door
And gazed at the fridge
Full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey,
And buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots,
Beans and tomatoes.

I felt myself swelling
so plump and so round
'Till all of a sudden
I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling
floating into the sky
With a mouthful of pudding
And a handful of pie.

But I managed to yell
As I soared past the trees
Happy eating to all
Pass the cranberries please!