This Cheeseburger Cake is sure to be a hit at your next party!
Durable Yellow Cake Recipe
- 1 Butter Cake Mix (I prefer Pillsbury Golden Butter Recipe)
- 1 box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup real butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 8 oz. sour cream
Thoroughly mix all ingredients together.
at 325° for about 30-35 minutes (longer, depending on pan size), until
the cake springs back when touched. Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes,
then turn out on a cooling rack.
So, the layers were…
- Butter cake for the buns, two 9″ cakes (covered in chocolate frosting… although I added less cocoa than the full recipe so it wouldn’t be so dark). I carved a curved edge for the top one to mimic a rounded bun.
- Fruit slices candy for the lettuce (rolled thin with a rolling pin).
- Brownie (from a box) for the burger, also baked in a 9″ round pan
- Vanilla buttercream (thinned with milk and orange added to get cheese color).
- Sugar cookies with melted red vanilla buttercream poured over them (and allowed to set)
*I love to add 1 cup of mini chocolate chips to this recipe for a chocolate chip cake! It's SO delicious!!