See Rock City

See Rock City

Friday, July 25, 2014

Poor Old Mule

A city boy moved to the country and bought
 a mule from an old farmer.

The farmer agreed to deliver the mule the next day.
The next day, the farmer drove up and said,
 "Sorry, but I have some bad news. The mule died."

"Well, then, just give me my money back."

"Can't do that. I went and spent it already."

"OK, then. Just unload the mule."

"What ya gonna do with him?"

"I'm going to raffle him off."

"You can't raffle off a dead mule!"

"Sure I can. Watch me.
 I just won't tell anybody he's dead."

A month later the farmer met up with the city
boy and asked,
"Whatever happened with that dead mule?"

"I raffled him off. I sold a hundred tickets
 at two dollars apiece and made
a hundred ninety-eight dollar profit.

"Didn't anyone complain?"

"Just the guy who won.
So I gave him his two dollars back".