The Franklin-Creighton Mine was a Georgia Gold Rush gold mine located in the town of Ball Ground in Cherokee County, Georgia. The mine was initially known as the Franklin Mine because it was started by a widow, Mrs. Mary G. Franklin, who obtained a 40-acre (160,000 m2) lot in the Gold Lottery of 1832. Around 1883, the mine became known as the Creighton Mine or the Franklin-Creighton Mine. This mine was one of the most productive and continued to operate many years after other area mines had ceased operations. Some estimate that it was yielding $1000 per day in 1893 and others place its total production after 1880 at as much as $1,000,000. The mine was shut down in 1913 as a result of a collapsed shaft which caused the mine to flood.