See Rock City

See Rock City

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Inspirational Thoughts

I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is be some that can be loved. The rest is up to them.

I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people just don't care back.

I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it.

I've learned that it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts.

I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to the best others can do.

I've learned that you can do some thing in an instant that will give you heartache for life.

I've learned that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I've learned that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.

I've learned that you can keep going long after you can't.

I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel. That either you control your attitude or it controls you.

I've learned that heroes are the people who do what has to be done regardless of the consequences.

I've learned that money is a lousy way to keep score.

I've learned that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.

I've learned that just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

I've learned that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

I've learned that you should never tell a child their dreams are unlikely or outlandish. Few things are more humiliating, and what a tragedy it would be if they believed it.

I've learned that no matter good a friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

I've learned that no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.

I've learned that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

I've learned that even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.

Things I've Learned -Quotes of Wisdom on love,life, and living to your potential.

"Build your hope on things eternal."

"Sometimes its not about understanding. Its about respect. Don't seek to understand all of my actions, respect my right to make them."

"Don't lose what isn't lost and don't give up on something that hasn't been taken away. In every situation there is a chance for emergency operation, if you never come to the operating table, you'll never know if there was a chance for survival. If after this, it still dies, at least you know you can walk away saying I tried." - Me ♥

"I love you, but I love me more" - Morgan ♥

"You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She?s not perfect - you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don't hurt her, don?t change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's gone"
- Bob Marley

"With all your getting, get an understanding, for understanding releases you to embrace the truth and that truth will equip you to be released into the arms of joyful, victorious living."

"Today's treasures are buried under our longing for what we think tomorrow will bring."

"Lack is for a season and then comes lasting fulfillment, but only in God's perfect time after you have endured the tests and preparations."

"Embrace each season with joy, in the full confidence that God knows what's best for your life today, tomorrow and forever."

"Your God-given purpose will not be reliant on another person. You are called to build a good life complete in Christ. Then you will know God's rich blessings in your life - Whatever they may be."

"Live a little, laugh even more, embrace the wind, kiss the sky, dare to dream, smell a flower, and remind yourself Life is bigger than what you can hold."

"We've got to get past the vending machine mentality that if we stick in a good prayer or a religious duty, God will shoot down the prize of our choice."

"God is in the habit of handing out good and perfect gifts, not half- baked cookies that will make you sick. If you have been praying for God to send something/someone to you for some time and have not received it, maybe its not ready for you to have and maybe you're not ready to receive it. What good would a Rolls Royce be to a toddler?"

"I drink from life and find its flavor sweet and mysterious. Sometimes burning my tongue, filling me with shivers of delight, restlessly bubbling inside of me. It is a myriad of tastes, No one standing out alone, hints of happiness, sadness, peace, turmoil, doubt, faith, resignation and hope. Feed me, refresh me, revive me, and urge me to try again to take another sip tomorrow."

"What are you eating? Are you digesting the promises of God? Are you consuming all that life has to offer? If not, please check your diet, girl! Start a new regime and get your praise on!"

"Don't put yourself on sale. You are a designer original. Everyone cannot afford the price you demand and that's all right. If they could, you would be common, and God designed you to be unique and set apart."

"Believe that His timing is perfect and that when the desires of your heart are perfected He will graciously present them to you."

"Almost every time a blessing is about to arrive at your doorstep, adversity shows up to test you. Don't respond to the distraction." - Rev. Run DMC

"Sometimes, we learn from someone, we are taught to grow, and then we are supposed to move on. We are put into an experience to learn or teach someone, and then once our assignment is up, we are led to another experience."

"We must be willing to "ride-out" for our emotional health. Why continue to let the actions and reactions of others influence our mindset? Why continue to allow those who cause us pain any more room in our lives?"

"Practicing forgiveness doesn't mean people will start acting more humane, but my power rests in forgiveness of those too foolish to notice their ignorance."

"We must learn to forgive those who don't fully understand they are being used by the enemy to attack our vulnerable areas."

"I have found that I stand tallest when I'm on my knees."

"Too often we are around people who bless our drama, because they are consumed with our unhappiness, and we don't see that this hinders our growth."

"Embracing your peace can be a difficult task if those around you are embracing your drama."

"It will always cost the person on the receiving end nothing to receive, but it will cost you everything to give it up if you're giving out of compromise."

"I took a personal stand for my personal preferences and I set expectations for all my friendships/relationships.
"

"You do not owe any person an explanation for deciding to make changes in your life."

"The problems was that I had allowed myself to carry on a friendship/relationship with people based upon the potential that they had rather than what I told myself I was willing to accept.:

"Your loyalty to a person(s) should not be based on the time you have known a person(s), but rather on how the person(s) has treated you during the duration of your friendship/relationship."

"You will become the average of the five people you hang around the most. You should therefore be choosing your top five wisely."

"Those who achieve don't waste time on self-pity. They don't spend time focused on how un-fair life is. They don't blame other people for their problems and they don't use race or poverty or hardship as an excuse for failure. Instead they strive for excellence. They take responsibility for their actions and they try to focus on not just themselves, but on others." - Barack Obama

"Once you become aware that the way you feel is directly associated with how things happen in your life, you will start to understand the concept of how to manipulate your own mind and you determine how your life turns out.

"Surround yourself with those who stimulate your mind through conversation; begin to attract to you those who will assist in what you allow in your life."

"I purposely intend to be kind to those who dislike me, not to kiss butt, but to show my love isn't contingent on how other people feel about me."

"People often hide negativity by labeling it fact or a part of life. Negativity is not a factual part of my life, just a fleeting visitor."

"You receive good and bad things daily. Which do you embrace and what do you return? 90% of the time, you are your biggest enemy. Renew your mind.

"People have money but lack the wisdom to use it to their advantage. That's why they'll always be chasing money instead of obtaining and managing it."

"Don't make excuses, make commitments to change. It makes a difference."

"Love is about giving freely of oneself without expectations. So it is always available, if you truly desire it."

Source: Internet