1. Basically no one calls it a soft drink.
2. Y’all know that Kentucky is the only state where people really say “you all”?
3. Philadelphia loves its hoagies, but it’s a sub pretty much everywhere else.
4. The good news is that butter and sugar melted together tastes really great regardless of how you pronounce it.
5. Don’t expect to find many yard sales in the Midwest.
6. “Sneakers” exist pretty much only in the Northeast and southern Florida.
7. If you’re giving directions south of the Mason-Dixon, it’s called a “catty-corner.”
8. The West Coast loves its “drinking fountains.”
9. But doesn’t care much for “supper.”
10. And everyone out there drives on the “freeway.”
11. Unfortunately, large parts of the country are not blessed with drive-through liquor stores. But in North Carolina and Virginia, they are wonderfully called “brew thrus.”
Check out all 122 maps here.