People are here this week from all around the world to visit Graceland and to remember Elvis. There are many things that you can do in Memphis for Elvis week.
1. On Friday August the 16th, Elvis Aloha From Hawaii is having the 40th Anniversary screening at the Orpheum Theatre at 7:30 p.m., this is for one night only. Tickets are $35 and can be purchased from Ticketmaster outlets or from the Orpheum Box Office.
2. The 2013 Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest. The semifinal round is: Wednesday, August 14th at 7:00p.m. and the final round is: Saturday, August 17th at 7.00 p.m.. This is held at the Cannon Center for the Preforming Arts, 225 N. Main.Two day tickets are $69 and include both Semifinal and Final Round. Semifinal Round only ticket is $25. Final Round ticket is $49. Tickets can be purchased online at Ticketmaster.com or by calling Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000, or at any Ticketmaster Outlet or call the Cannon Center Box Office.
3. At Graceland on Wednesday, August the 14th:
7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Walk up to The Meditation Garden
10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest Meet and Greet
11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Dinstuhls Chocolate Sampling
12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Meet and Greet with Betty Harper
1:00 p.m. Conversations on Elvis
3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Lowel Hayes Trunk Show
3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Meet and Greet with Joe Petruaccio
5:00 p.m. Graceland Trivia Tour
7:00 p.m. Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest Semifinal Round
7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. Walk up to The Meditation Garden
4. At Graceland on Thursday, August the 15th:
7:30 a.m.- 8:30 a.m. Walk-up to The Meditation Garden
9:00 a.m. Elvis Gospel Celebration
12:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m. Meet an Greet with Betty Harper
1:00 p.m. Elvis Presley Fan Club
3:00 p.m. Elvis Memorial Mass
3:00p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Dinstuhl's Chocolate Sampling
3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Meet and Greet with Joe Petraccio
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Lowell Hayes Trunk Show
8:30 p.m. Candlelight Vigil
5. At Graceland on Friday, August the 16th:
12:00 p.m. George Kein's Elvis Memorial Service
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Lowel Hayes Trunk Show
5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Aloha From Hawaii VIP Reception
7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Walk Up To Meditation Garden
7:30 p.m. "Aloha from Hawaii" 40th Anniversary Anniversary Enhanced Screening
10:00 p.m. Aloha from Hawaii After-Party
6. At Graceland on Saturday, August the 17th:
7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Walk up to The Meditation Garden
8:00 a.m. Elvis Presley 5K Run
10:00 a.m. Official Elvis Insiders Event
12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. Lowel Hayes Trunk Show
3:00 p.m. Elvis Celebration Concert
7:00 p.m. Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest Final Round
7:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. Walk up to The Meditation Garden
Schedule Subject to Change
7. Download the Free Elvis Week App at the iTunes Store., Google Play or at Elvis.com/ElvisWeekApp.
8. Stay Connected with Elvis:
Elvis on Google+Hangouts
@Official_Elvis_Presley on Instagram Tag your photo's #Elvisweek also the same on Twitter.
9. Elvis At Stax
See: www.Elvis.com www.ElvisTheMusic.com
Deluxe 3-CD Set A Definitive Collection That Celebrates the 40th Anniversary of Elvis Legendary Sessions at Stax Studio In Stores August 6, 2013
10. Lansky -Clothier to the King
A Memphis clothing tradition since 1946. Located in the historic Peabody Hotel Visit instore or
online at: lanskybros.com
11. Elvis Fans See Eight New FTD Releases In 2013
Visit Elvis.com/FTD to get more information about recent and past FTD releases. To purchase
FTD's visit ShopElvis.com
12. The Ultimate Returns For 2014
Tupelo Elvis Festival June 5-8, 2014 Tupelo, MS
13. Meet 2013 Elvis Week Online Host, Brad Birkedahl
Brad will be bringing Elvis fans daily online updates with behind-the-scenes interviews, video and more at ElvisWeek.com
14. The Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Event
The Tour continues in 2013-2014 to a theater near you. For ticket information visit
15. Elvis 2013 Candlelight Vigil August, 15-16, 2013
Time: 8:30 p.m. Where: Outside the gates of Graceland
Elvis Presley Enterprise will provide a live feed of the first hour of the Candlelight Vigil on
ElvisWeek.com for those around the world who are unable to be in Memphis.
History: Within hours of the announcement of Elvis Presley's death on August, 16, 1977, at 42.
thousands of fanscrowded the gate area in front of the Graceland Mansion in an expression of grief, shock, disbelief and love. Thousands upon thousands of people all over the world felt as
suddenly lost a close friend or member of the family. Such was the relationship Elvis had with his
On the first anniversary of Elvis' passing a number of fans gathered outside the gates with candles
and spent an evening talking and reminising. The next year there were more. The Austin-based
Elvis Country Fan Club organized an opening ceremony. Each year, more and more fans came to
Memphis that week for the candlelight tribute and various other activities started getting organized.
When Graceland opened for public tours in the summer of 1982, fans suggested to the
management that the gated be open during their candlelight tribute, allowing them to walk in
single-file up the driveway to Elvis' gravesite and back down. The management agreed.
Responding further to the growing influx of fans in August, Graceland/Elvis Presley Enterprises,
Inc.(EPE) to the lead in organizing Elvis Week, which has grown in its diversity of events. The
solemn and beautiful Candlelight Vigil continues to be the climatic event of Elvis Week, which
otherwise is a high-energy mix of music, dance, sports, social and charitable events presented
by Graceland/EPE, Elvis fan clubs and many participating organizations. It all happens in an
atmosphere of international, multigenerational, multicultural friendship and camaraderie.
Elvis Week as a whole and The Candlelight Vigil in particular have become a cultural
phenomenon known all over the world. Source: ElvisWeek.com
16. Million Dollar Quartet
The Tony Award-Winning Broadway Musical inspired by the electrifying true story.
National Tour MillionDollarQuartetLive.com
17. Celebrate Elvis on a Mississippi River Cruise between Elvis Memphis and New Orleans!
American Queen Steamboat Company, Call at: 888-749-5280 or vist online at www.AQSC.com
18. Marlowe's Ribs & Restaurant 4381 Elvis Presley Blvd. Memphis, TN
www.MarlowesMemphis.com Just one mile south of Graceland 901-332-4159
19. Sun Studio Birthplace of Rock And Roll, Est. 1950, Memphis, TN
When 18 year old Elvis Presley walked into the legendary Sun Studio for the first time, He was
asked who he sounded like. And he said, "I don't sound like nobody." And he sang like nobody ever had... with the honesty and soul of the blues and the unleashed wildness of an all night party.
20. Memphis Riverboat Rides
Purchase tickets by phone, online or in our nautical gift shop. At the foot of Beale St. 251
Riverside Dr. Memphis, TN 901-527-BOAT (2628) or memphisriverboats.net
30 minute thrill ride on the Mighty Mississippi River
21. Graceland Events
Save these dates for upcoming Graceland Events:
Graceland Lighting Ceremony ~ November 22, 2013
Christmas At Graceland ~ November 22, 2013 - January 11, 2014
Elvis Birthday Celebration ~ January 8-11, 2014
Scouts Rock At Graceland ~ March 29, 2014
Elvis Week 2014 ~ August 11-17, 2014
22. 60 Years of Rock And Roll
Come Celebrate in 2014 1954-2014
23. All Elvis, All The Time
Broadcasting live from Graceland. Elvis Radio Exclusively on SiriusXM
See complete details at siriusxm.com/elvisfreepass Credit Card Required
Priscilla And Elvis's Wedding Cake
2012 Christmas at Graceland
"The Million Dollar Quartet"! Dec.4th,1956 at Sun Studio.
Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash
Skateland Lamar Ave.
Both sides of sidewalk lined with flowers.
Presley;s body at his Estate.