Historical Paulding County Courthouse
Dallas is a city in and the county seat of Paulding County, Georgia, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 11,544. It was named for George M. Dallas, Vice President of the United States of America under James K. Polk.
History:Dallas was created by an act of the Georgia General Assembly on February 8, 1854, on 40 acres (160,000 m2) purchased from Garrett H. Spinks on May 14, 1852, for $1000. The first Commissioners were James H. Ballinger, James S. Hackett, Hezekiah Harrison, John S. Poole, and Garrett H. Spinks.
In the late 1850s the town no longer elected officers and a new charter was issued in 1883.
For many years The REAL WKRP was in Dallas,Georgia just to the west of the center of downtown.
- Cecil Butler, professional baseball player
- Jayne County, punk rock star
- Christopher Dudley, Keyboardist of UnderOATH
- Gary North (economist); Christian economic historian and publisher
- Ray Traylor (May 2, 1963 – September 22, 2004), American professional wrestler. He was best known for his appearances with World Wrestling Entertainment under the ring name Big Boss Man (sometimes spelled Big Bossman).
- Zack Wheeler, pitcher, #6 overall pick in the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft for the New York Mets
- Travis Tritt, Country Music Star
- Patrick Johnston, Weather Forecaster
- Chadd Wright, Navy Seal
Civil War Trailhead Park on Main Street