See Rock City

See Rock City

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Buttermilk Substitute, Cornbread, Biscuits And Cooking With Buttermilk Substitute

Buttermilk Sub
How many times have I been on here and seen a wonderful homemade recipe an run to the kitchen to see if I have the ingredients only to find I don’t have any buttermilk. Lots of times! I don’t normally keep buttermilk on hand because we don’t use it often.

Finally, I found this substitute online. Read ahead to never be out of a buttermilk substitute in your kitchen. 

Ingredients for: Buttermilk Substitute

  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon vinegar

Directions for: Buttermilk Substitute

  1.  Combine ingredients and let stand 5 minutes.
  2.  After 5 minutes, mix together well and use as buttermilk in any recipe!
Source:  Back Roads Living