See Rock City

See Rock City

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Common Marching Cadence

Pebbles and Bam Bam
Pebbles and Bam-Bam on a Friday night
Trying to get to heaven on a paper kite
Lighting struck (Boom) and down they fell (Ahhh)
Instead of getting to heaven, they went straight to hell
Dino the dog (Ruff Ruff0 was on the bone (Chomp Chomp)
While Fred and Barney rock the microphone
There was nothing that Fred or Barney could do
'cept sing "Yabba daba daba daba daba daaaaaba do!"

Here We Go Again
Here we go again
Same old stuff again
Marching down the avenue
Few more days and we'll be though
I won't have to look at you
So, I'll be glad and so will you

Everywhere I Go
Everywhere I go
There's a Black hat there
Everywhere I go
There's a Black hat there
Black hat
Black hat
Why don't you leave me alone
And let me go back home
(sub the next verses for "Everywhere I go")
When I eat my chow...
When I comb my hair...
When I brush my teeth...
When I get my shots...
When I do PT...
When I see my girl...
When I get out of bed...
On an FTX...

Old King Cole
Old King Cole was a merry old soul and a merry old soul was he
He called for his pipe and called for his bowl
And he called for his privates, three
Beer, Beer, Beer said the privates
Merry men are we
But none so fair that they can compare to the airborne infantry
Old King Cole was a merry old soul and a merry old soul was he
He called for his pipe and he called for his bowl
and he called for his corporals, three
I need a three-day pass said the corporals
Beer, Beer, Beer said the privates
Merry men are we
But none so fair that they can compare to the airborne infantry
Additional Verses:
Sergeants three--"File from the left, column right said the Sgts"
Lieuues three--"I'll lead the way said the lieuies"
Captains three--"Charge that hill said the captains"
Majors three--"Who's gonna shine my boots said the majors"
Colonels three--"Where's my star said the colonels"
Generals three--"War, War, War"

Queen of Battle
Wake up to mortar attack
Hit the ground, I'm out of the rack
My sergeant rushes me off to chow
But I don't eat it anyhow
Oh hail, Oh hail, Oh infantry
Queen of battle, follow me
Oh, airborne ranger's the life for me
For nothing in this world is free
From a big bird in the sky
All will jump and some will die
Off to battle we will go
To live or die, hell I don't know.
Hit the ground with American pride
A bullet through a commie's eye
He ought to be damn glad he died
He'd hate for me to take him alive
It's true that some of us will die
Airborne rangers learn to fly
But not today as I hit the ground
Lock and load another round
Over the hill, some men I've seen
Head to toe in Army green
Moving tactically, not a sound
Infantry soldiers on the ground
Assault, support are all in place
The enemy unaware of his fate
Claymores blast the 60's roar
Again, the airborne ranger scores
Its true that someday I'll be dead
Before I go I'll take more heads
Before us enemies all will flee
'Cause we're the airborne infantry

Get on Back Home
I don't know why I left
But I must've done wrong
And it won't be long
'Till I get on back home
Got a letter in the mail
Go to war or go to jail
Sat me in that barber's chair
Spun me around, I had no hair
Used to drive a Cadillac
Now I pack it on my back
Used to drive a limousine
Now I'm wearing Army green
Dress it right and cover down
Forty inches all around
Nine to the front and six to the rear
That's the way we do it here
Used to date a beauty queen
Now I date my M-16
Ain't no use in lookin' down
Ain't no discharge on the ground
Ain't no use in going back
Jody's got your cadillac
Ain't no use in calling home
Jody's got your girl and gone
Ain't no use in feeling blue
Jody's got your sister too
Took away my faded jeans
Now I'm wearing Army greens
They took away my gin and rum
Now I'm up before the sun
Mama Mama can't you see
What this Army's done to me
Mama Mama can't you see
This Army life is killing me

Count Cadence
Count cadence
Delay cadence
Skip cadence
Count
(one) All you soldiers
(two) You better do your best
(three) Before you find yourself
(four) In the leaning rest
(one) Hit it
(two) Kick it
(three) Stab it
(four) Kill it
One, two, three, four, one, two, three, four
We like it here
We love it here
We've finally found a home
A home
A home
A home away from home (Hey!)

They Say That in the Army
They say that in the Army, the chicken's mighty fine
One jumped off the table and started marking time
Oh Lord I wanna go
But they won't let me go home (stomp)
They say that in the Army, the coffee's mighty fine
It looks like muddy water, and tastes like turpentine
They say that in the Army, the biscuits are mighty fine
One rolled off the table and killed a friend of mine
They say that in the Army, the meat is mighty fine
Last night we had ten puppies, this morning only nine
They say that in the Army, the shoes are mighty fine
You ask for size eleven, they give you size nine
They say that in the Army, the pancakes are mighty fine
You can try to chew them, but you're only wasting time
They say that in the Army, the bed's are mighty fine
But how the hell would I know, I've never slept in mine
They say the in the Army, the mail is so great
Today I got a letter dates 1948
They say that in the Army, the hours are just right
Start early in the morning and work on through the night
They say that in the Army, the buses are mighty fine
One went round the corner, and left three wheels behind
They say that in the Army, the coffee's mighty fine
It's good for cuts and bruises and tastes like iodine
They say that in the Army, the toilets are mighty fine
You flush them up at seven, they come back up at nine
They say that in the army, the tents are waterproof
You wake up in the morning and you're floating on the roof

Source:  armystudyguide.com