- ADULT: A person who has stopped growing at both ends and is now growing in the middle.
- BEAUTY PARLOR: A place where women curl up and dye.
- CHICKENS: The only animals you eat before they are born and after they are dead.
- COMMITTEE: A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.
- DUST: Mud with the juice squeezed out.
- EGOTIST: Someone who is usually me-deep in conversation.
- HANDKERCHIEF: Cold Storage.
- INFLATION: Cutting money in half without damaging the paper.
- MOSQUITO: An insect that makes you like flies better.
- RAISIN: A grape with a sunburn.
- SECRET: Something you tell to one person at a time.
- SKELETONS: A bunch of bones with the people scraped off.
- TOOTHACHE: The pain that drives you to extraction.
- TOMORROW: One of the greatest labor saving devices of today.
- YAWN: An honest opinion openly expressed.
- WRINKLES: Something other people have, similar to my character lines.
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
What Is APHORISM?
One dictionary defined it as “a terse saying embodying a general truth, or astute observation.” The email said it was A SHORT, POINTED SENTENCE EXPRESSING A WISE OR CLEVER OBSERVATION OR A GENERAL TRUTH. Here’s the list of Aphorisms, and some are pretty funny: